Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What bull!

One evening, not too long ago, my dear, dear friend Jules and I were discussing quantum physics when she happened to stumble upon a funny little tchotchke at a scientific web site we were debating.....OK, OK, we were laughing at the idea of me screaming hysterically at the Rick Springfield concert, when at my encouragement, she went to check out the venue (Billy Bob's Texas) web site. On a whim, she decided to visit their gift shop and found the most amazing piece of art EVER:




What is this odd shaped, purse-like thing? It's a Saco de Toro ....English translation: "Sack of the Bull", you know....bull balls!


Being the bargain shopper I am, I immediately hopped on the Internet to find similar Saco de Toro's at a better price and purchased the above beauty! On Saturday morning it finally arrived. My very own bull ball sack. Of course, I immediately called Jules shreiking, "it's here! It's here!" She thought I was talking about the end of the world, but I cleared that up quickly and explained that it wouldn't be right if she wasn't on the phone when I opened the package. I opened the box, careful not to slice in to any of the precious cargo inside. Once I dusted off all the packaging peanuts, I set my eyes on real, live bull balls....my own Saco de Toro.



My first observation was that it was very hairy. My second was a question: is this one ball or two? If it was two per bull, it would look like this:






Whoa! That's a lotta ball!!

Thank goodness, my good friend A. cleared up my confusion. It is definitely one sack for two balls. She's from Mississippi, so she knows stuff like that.

My third observation was that my dog, Jax, really, really loved smelling my new Saco de Toro:


Finally, my fourth observation: you feel a very strong urge to wash your hands after fondling the Saco de Toro.....



Am I glad I made such a whimsical purchase? You better believe it! I now have the most original purse in all of Fort Worth, which is the only place in the world you could get away with carrying your lipstick and cell phone in a ball sack! I just need to remember to bring my antibacterial lotion, too!

10 comments:

House of Jules said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
House of Jules said...

I have never seen a more glorious purse in all the world than this fine example of craftsman(bull)ship. {"bullship!"}
Jules
House of Jules

P.S.: I like the way your schweddy balls feel in my mouth.

AutoSysGene said...

lol! schweddy balls!! You guys are hysterical!!

Spammon said...

I vote to see you wear it on your head like an old school football helmet.

House of Jules said...

@Melissa: We crack each other up so much, it's good to know our humor works for others, too!

@Spammon: I agree!

@Jens: TAKE OFF THAT ADORABLE TWEED HAT AND PUT ON THE BALL SACK!!! DO IT FOR YOUR COUNTRY!

Jen said...

spammon: the ball sack is big, but I don't know if it's big enough to fit on my head! I did find the perfect accessory for it today while shopping.....look for it in a future blog! In the meantime, I'm filling it with potpourri to get rid of some of the stink!

Melisa Wells said...

I always knew you had balls.

:)

Anonymous said...

My wardrobe will not be complete until I obtain that smelly purse.
Please. Let me know when this one becomes available on EBAY.

Jen said...

Chasing Fireflies: Welcome! Thanks for hanging out with me! I promise to let you know when a Saco De Toro is available on Ebay, but you can also purchase one at http://bbhq.com/merchmrt.htm#elsaco It's $29.95 and worth every. single. penny!

Love My Country Home said...

Interesting, funny post. Thanks for my cousin Carey for linking to it on FB.