Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's Friday Night at Willhoite's and you know what that means......

Two weeks ago, my friend C. called to ask me if I wanted to go out for a Girls Night. No, I said...It had been a rough week and I was more down with a quiet dinner, maybe a little wine then home early to get to bed. Well, she was having none of that! While she did humor me with a very proper dinner at the country club, she made sure to plow me with a few extra glasses of Cabernet so it would be easier for me to fall under her spell. Before I knew it, we were at Willhoite's in Grapevine, and at the beginning of what will surely be our new Friday night tradition!



We had so much fun that it would have been a shame not to share it. Thus began another Friday night tradition: drunk dialing!








You remember this wonderful pass time from our high school days!?! Yes, I have discovered it's joys again, and apparently I'm so good at it that my good friend Jules had to get a special new telephone number just to upload my voice mails on to her blog. Really Jules, you should just stay home every Friday, pop some corn and wait 'cause you know the calls-a-comin'!



Then there's my very patient friend from weird-ville who, while simultaneously driving home at 2 a.m., smoking a cigarette and managing the cell phone will toss personal safety aside, and drop everything just to sing to me like a Lady (even though we both know I'm no where close, but bless his heart he tries so hard to convince me otherwise)! It just wouldn't be a Friday night without a serenade from my favorite singer!

You know, a woman of my age should be embarrassed to resort to such child-like antics. Now that I think about it, there's a lot of things I do that a woman my age should feel embarrassed about, but that's another story for another day! I spend hundreds of dollars every month on face creams, gym memberships and magic potions to keep me "younger," when all I really have to do is go to Willhoite's on a Friday night, drink too much, dance my ass off, then start drunk dialing! I may not feel young the next morning, but that night I'm a teenager all over again!

C "cheers" to another successful Friday night at Willhoite's!


***Special Thanks to my Nanny-extraordinaire for making these nights possible!***

4 comments:

House of Jules said...

I'm telling you, you need to always use that other number I gave you when drunk dialing because the last few calls went to my regular voicemail and I can't use those. That makes me sad in my pants.

I will, however, be using the one your mom left... but I have to make the post a little more in-depth because she mentions the tent!!! This will expose maybe more to my parents than I'd like about those years, but they can't punish me anymore!

The beauty of the alternate phone number is that I don't have to be home! I can still be social with Chicago lawyer-types, knowing that I'll have the voicemails to listen to in the morning!
Jules
House of Jules

Jen said...

On my honor, I will try
to call Julie's special number
when I am out drinking on Friday nights, to help people of all kinds and to live by the girl scout law!

House of Jules said...

Speaking of the Girl Scout Law, is my favorite blond selling cookies this year or what? I almost had a heart attack when I was at my sister's the other night and saw she had boxes on her counter (presumably from someone in the neighborhood...). LMK!
Jules
House of Jules

texAAsgirl said...

@Jules - I really didn't make up that song I sang to you while dialing your digits. It's from my crazy freakin' college days! Go listen for yourself...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q3-snLRQvNA

Welcome to Texas! :0