Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, here it is again. That wonderful day of the year that gives us the opportunity to measure how much we are loved by the size gift we receive. In year's past, I really bought in to the whole Valentine's Day thing. I wanted the usual gifts.....flowers (but not red roses because they were too un-original), candy, a sexy lace nightie and a huge seduction scene where Sade is playing in the background and my partner and I are dancing around the candle-lit bedroom over a sea of rose petals before we fall into our luxurious bed and make mad, passionate love.
Isn't that what everyone does on Valentine's Day?

Fantasy almost never mirrors reality (unless we're really, really lucky). I've learned to accept that my seduction scene isn't going to happen (it only took me 12 years to catch on to that) and that I need to appreiate those red roses, no matter how un-original they are. I am loved and that is what we all really want to be on Valentine's Day!

For those of you who aren't in a relationship, take note: the grass may look greener on the other side, but it still has to be mowed, too!

To my friends.....
When I need a friend, you are here with me. When I need help, you are here with me. When I need someone who cares, You are here with me. When I need someone to love me for who I am, you also are here with me. That is true love!

And now for some of my favorite love quotes:

Where there is love, there is life.
-Mahatma Gandhi

You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip.
-Jonathan Carroll

It's not the men in my life that count -- it's the life in my men.
-Mae West (1892-1980)

Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
-William Shakespeare, Mid-Summer Night's Dream, 1595

The course of true love never did run smooth.
-William Shakespeare

And THE BEST LOVE POEM EVER
i like my body when it is with your body by e e cummings

i like my body when it is with your
body.
It is so quite a new thing.
Muscles better and nerves more.
i like your body. i like what it does,
i like its hows.
i like to feel the spine
of your body and its bones, and the trembling
-firm-smooth ness and which i will
again and again and again
kiss,
i like kissing this and that of you,
i like, slowly stroking the, shocking fuzz
of your electric fur,
and what-is-it comes
over parting flesh . . . .
And eyes big Love-crumbs,
and possibly i like the thrill
of under me you quite so new

Whew.....!! Now that's HOT!

YOU ARE LOVED! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

UPDATE: The flowers I received did not contain one red rose! Yeah!!

1 comment:

House of Jules said...

Backatya, babydoll! E.E. Cummings is the shiz!

As for "fantasy never mirroring reality", I have only one thing to say: DON'T F WITH MY FANTASIES. ;)

xoxo
Jules
House of Jules