Thursday, May 8, 2008

Poor thing's just like her mama!

Here is a snippet of the after dinner conversation between me and my almost-10-year-old daughter while we were washing dishes and listening to some tunes....


Girl: "Mom, I love this song!" (Cry me a River by Justin Timberlake)

Me: "Do you know what it's about?"

Girl: "No"

Me: "It's about Britney Spears. She cheated on Justin and he wrote this song about how sad he was after she did that to him."

Girl: "Britney dated Justin Timberlake? No way!"

Me: "Yep. Not too long ago they were the hot couple everyone wanted to see on TV and in magazines."

Girl: "Mom, now I know that girl is crazy! Who breaks up with Justin Timberlake? He's so hot!"



God, help me.....I'm in so much trouble when this girl hits puberty!

3 comments:

House of Jules said...

Just ONE of the reasons she's my favorite 9 year old. However, If she asks me to hold her lighter when I come visit you, we got problems.

texAAsgirl said...

You now realize that you need to get your mom a REALLY GOOD gift this Sunday for Mother's day! Lil K is your spittin' image! Can the world handle another one of you???

Spammon said...

Like Mother like Daughter eh? But I'm sure Justin is filled with glee he isn't dating that anymore.