Friday, March 7, 2008

What's the point of watching now?

I found out that Ms. Madonna, a 2008 inductee into the Hall of Fame and my 1980's idol is not going to perform at the Induction Ceremony this weekend. What? Every inductee performs....what the hell makes her so special?

Well, let me just share a little of what I consider to be some of her bests looks...the things that make her special:








The Like a Virgin days.....it was the 80's and the word "virgin" in a song seemed so dirty and shocking!




The "Dress you Up" days. I thought she was so fashion forward.....thank God the 8o's are over! Notice how she's slyly flipping us off! She's such a rebel!









My all time favorite Bad Ass Madonna photo! I still try to replicate that "Don't F**k with me look when discipling my kids, cigarette and all (just kidding)!










In the early 90's she went classy on us and taught us all to "Vogue."



Then, of course came the SEX era when her song, "Justify my Love" became a perennial Bang CD favorite around the world!











Now, Madonna is all grown up, and so are we, but she still manages to keep us guessing and wondering what her next incarnation will be. She's still a bad ass.....but I sure would have liked to see her perform at the induction ceremony! I guess I'll have to hold out for her next tour!

6 comments:

House of Jules said...

OMG, memories in the corner of my mind, girl! The first halloween you & I knew each other was when you went at Madonna to the middle school dance. You were SO VOGUE. (although those were before her "vogue" days.... ahead of the curve as always!)

Missy & I saw her on the last tour and I loved it. That whole saddle riding segment (she comes down from what seems like heaven but was in actuality only the ceiling...) made me want to install a big ol' saddle in my bedroom, but with the stripper pole in here I wasn't sure if the saddle would throw off the Feng Shui or what. It's a debacle. ;)

Jules
House of Jules

Jen said...

I kept thinking about all the black bracelets I used to wear and how I truely thought at one point that I was as cool as Ms. M. Ahh, to be young and clueless!

House of Jules said...

Black rubber bracelets? Please, honey. Those were small change compared to you being the only 7th grader in school to wear red pumps to school. Somehow I was able to talk you into letting me wear them around for a little while and I almost broke my ankle for the 2nd time. Wearing pumps in 7th grade. With my white pants w/multi-colored tiny polka dots. It was a hot look.
Jules
House of Jules

Spammon said...

Certain celebrities feel like they have risen above men and god and can do whatever they want. This would include: Bono, Celine Dion and Oprah. I'd request all of them put on a small unmanned spacecraft and shot into to some uncharted area of space.

Jen said...

@ Jules: Leave it to you to remember my red pumps! They looked best with my stirrup pants and Chuck K's letter jacket!

Unknown said...

Spammon: Jen will want to be on that unmanned spacecraft with Bono, trust me. (though she'd be happier if it was just the 2 of them and Celine and Oprah took their OWN into space.