Thursday, April 17, 2008

A trip down memory lane....




Yesterday I had the pleasure of seeing a regular commenter on this blog....she also happens to be someone I went to 8th and 9th grade with many, many, many (OK, I'm dating myself here) years ago. We met for lunch while she was on a lay-over at DFW airport on her way to Cabo (jealous) for a weekend.
After not seeing each other for 23 years, we had a lot to chat about....kids, careers, husbands, divorces, etc. We of course did this chatting over Bloody Mary's that we snuck into the restaurant. You can take the girl out of the high school, but you can't take the high school out of the girl!





6 comments:

House of Jules said...

Awwww, my fave girls look fab! I'm so pissed I wasn't there for this. BTW, your tag should be "Drinking down memory lane". Just sayin'. : ) xo
Jules
House of Jules

Anonymous said...

I'm baaaack!! And Oh My Gato (our favorite new phrase from the trip which I'm pretty sure means Oh my cat, but who cares) was it unbelievable. When my eyelashes stop hurting and I have recovered, I'll fill you in completely. But til then think VIP room, Passions club, vacation boyfriends. Thanks for starting the trip off right! It was so great to see you. P.S. I definitely need a new liver.

Jen said...

@ Stacey: I'm so glad you had fun! I'll be sure to add you to the Liver Transplant list (I'm a regular)!

House of Jules said...

Listen, I took 3 years of spanish in high school so I can say with confidence that the loose translation of your new fave phrase is, "Oh my p**sy", and if said on the wrong side of the tracks, will likely be taken WAAAAY out of context. Which of course makes it even funnier. You should say it loud, and say it often.

Anonymous said...

Of course I'm saying it loud and often. Have we met? It dawned on me that given the source and what he made my friend do to earn the entire bar free shots of tequila (which, of course, she succeeded in doing), that it probably didn't mean "cat". But that hasn't stopped all 10 of us from using it EVERY chance we get. ;)

House of Jules said...

Stace: I don't know your friend but I do know you, and since I know you I can ASSUME what the company you keep is like (ahem!).... which leads me to this: Your friend probably only TOLD you that she had to do whatever it was in order for the whole bar to get free shots. That's a trick RIGHT OUT OF MY BOOK. As in, "I swear, I was doing it ALL for you guys! This was an altruistic thing, seriously!"
Your friends, no matter what state they're in, we're all the same. Dirty girls. *(Muchacha Sucias!)*
Jules
House of Jules