Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sick of Being Sick!

For the last three weeks one of my two kids has been sick. So far we've missed a total of 7 days of school between the two of them! Holy crap....it's like when they're home for summer vacation, but it's too cold to play outside and no one is agreeable.

Then on top of all that loveliness, my hot water heater burst today and leaked 50 gallons of water downstairs into my laundry room. What brainiac ever conceived putting a hot water tank upstairs and then only putting a pan that holds about 2 gallons underneath it? Not sure if we'll have to replace the ceiling in the laundry room, but we definitely need a new hot water heater.

I am so annoyed!

3 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Sick kids, broken water heater, whatever*! YOU'VE GOT AN OFFICIAL BLOG!

My sister didn't clue me in on this groundbreaking event! What the hell????

I'm so excited!

*Okay, really: I hope your kids feel better and that your home repairs are easy... :)

Jen said...

Thanks, Melisa with one "s"!! I am now official....first time I've ever been that (probably the last time, too)!

House of Jules said...

WTF Dude, you're SO on a roll! I can already hear you laughing like Tom Hanks in Money Pit!

I haven't sent your batteries yet so I hope you're dealing okay for now on the ones you still have.

Hang in there. Send up a flare if you're running low on Johnny Walker, God Forbid.

Jules
House of Jules