Friday, January 25, 2008

Is it with an "O" or an "A"???

When I was a child, my mother would had her own "alternate" language. Little words she used, sometimes in leiu of cursing, to describe some everyday things.

Some examples:

Schmotz: nothing.
Example: I can't see schmotz!

Doo-pa: ass, butt.
Example: He's got such a cute doo-pa!

Gauche: tacky.
Example: That outfit is so gauche!

Because we've known each other entirely too long to discuss the mundane, Julz and I were talking about my mother's use of the word GAUCHE last night and she rocked my world by informing me that it is spelled with an A and not an O (gouche). I had always spelled it with an O (notice my label from yesterday's "gayelle" post). I have to admit, I felt a little silly not knowing how to spell one of Mom's most over-used words (if you know me at all, you know spelling is one of my things).

Julz decided to look the word GOUCHE (with an "O") up on UrbanDictionary.com (because I was still convinced I had been spelling it correctly all these years). Once she got to the site, all I heard was intense laughter. I could barely make out what she was reading to me once she found the definition of gOuche:

1. gouche: the area between the genitalia and the anus.
Example: I punched him hard in the gouche

2. Gouche: The Part Thats Between A Guys Balls And His Ass *Very Sensative*
Example: Ha Ha They Electrocuted His Gouche

3. gouche: the small area between a males ball sack and his anus
There was no example here, but do we really need one at this point?

I'm still laughing this morning about this "new" word I learned! The examples urbandictionary.com gives are priceless!

Mom would be so proud.......how gauche!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the word "piddle"? That is definitely something a girl does, not a boy! Boys go piss or pee, not piddle!

Anonymous said...

This is what one definition of "piddle" that is on urbandictionary.com says

3. piddle 16 up, 12 down

To Piddle, is to Finger a girl, or play with your own bits and pieces.

Stimulation via the fingers.

My friend piddles his girl at the wrong times. And has earned the nick name Piddler on Roof, Or Batman's arch nemesis, the Piddle

Jen said...

@Leslie: Yes, you are my favorite sister-in-law! I am cracking up at the piddle definition! I love how everything on urbandictionary.com is dirrrrrrrty!!

House of Jules said...

You know, Doopa means "ass". I know this because my friend's father is polish and had a real habit of calling people "doopa-yahsh" (I'm spelling that phonetically) when he would drive us around back in high school. Once I asked him what that meant and he informed me that it was polish for asshole.

I enjoy many things in life, but knowing how to swear in other languages is one of the best things about living.

By the way, I don't think there's ever a wrong time to piddle, as the urban dictionary would suggest.

Jules
House of Jules