Friday, July 18, 2008

You ain't nothing but a hound dog....

Elvis is alive (she says with a "Frankenstein"-esque accent)! Alive!




Don't believe me???




I have proof....well, sort of!




So, in the midst of the obscenely crazy month of June, Hubby came home and said we were invited to go see Elvis in concert.


On stage.....





My first response was obvious: "Uh, Elvis is dead."




Hubby: "No, no, no. Ron and his wife, Gina invited us to go see him at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens Concert in the Gardens Series."




Me: "Uh, Elvis is dead."




Hubby: "Duh, it's an Impersonator!"




So, at this point, I'm thinking...."WHATEVER." I'm not going to some Las Vegas-Cheesy-Elvis -Impersonator-Crap-Show. But, because I'm a supportive wife and the folks who invited us are business clients, and the other couple attending are good friends, I put on my Elvis shades, packed a picnic dinner (with an extra bottle of wine in case it was lame) and pretended to be excited.




We arrived at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens, found our table (which was very close to the stage), set up our picnics, popped the cork on some wine and hunkered down, waiting for the hunk-a-hunka-burning Impersonator.




Turns out he was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Elvis died when I was 4, so I have no point of reference to the original, but my Mom was a fan and listened to his music a lot. This guy did a fantastic job. His voice, his moves and his costume were all spot on! I've been shaking my hips ever since the show!!






Elvis, Kim and David Starr (#11 Craftsman Truck Series Driver)







The Mr., me, Elvis, Kim, David and our hosts: Gina and Ron meeting The King after the show!





3 comments:

House of Jules said...

Thinking of you shaking your hips at an Elvis show is yet ANOTHER Forrest Gump moment I look forward to seeing you reenact. October can't come soon enough!

Spammon said...

Growing up my mom thought it funny to tell me that Elvis Presley was my uncle. So all through elementary I told all my friends he was my uncle. Boy, reality has a way of kicking the piss out of you...

Elan Morgan said...

You are being featured on Five Star Friday:
http://www.fivestarfriday.com/2008/08/five-star-friday-edition-19.html