Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Summer time and the living's.....CRAZY!!

OMG! June was a very, very busy month. As most of you know I spent the first part of the month in Austin going through Nanny's house preparing it to be sold after her passing. I'm still a little freaked out that you can live 90 years and the majority of your memories end up in a black garbage bag or donated to charity!




While that was a very difficult experience, I also had some fun, fun, fun! While in Austin, I met an old friend for a night of a million laughs! We actually reconnected on Face Book. I was a little nervous meeting him because it's been almost 20 years. Would he still have his mullett? Would he recognize me without my over-teased, over-sprayed Bon Jovi hairdo? As soon as he walked through the door to the cafe's patio area I recognized him! Jeff B....with no mullett!




Me and Jeff



He looks exactly the same and hasn't lost any of his jovial, silly, fun personality! We had such a good time with his wife, my cousin, great food, lots of beers and too many old memories to count!



Jeff and his lovely wife, Brooke!

Thanks for a fantastic evening, Jeff and Brooke! I really needed it after all the trauma of Nanny's passing! You guys are a great couple and we definitely need to do it again.....this time you need to visit me in Ft. Worthiness!

So, for my next post....I'll tell you all about my night with ELVIS!

3 comments:

House of Jules said...

I can't see his smiling face without hearing The Violent Femmes. I just can't.
Jules
House of Jules

Spammon said...

Elvis!? I thought the king was dead! This is big stuff.

Jen said...

@ Spammon: you just wait!