Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Double Digits, baby!

Singing in the choir (and looking adorable)! Notice the Texas "tattoo" on her cheek!






I know I promised that my next post would be about my evening with The King, however I'm still working on that post and today is a very, very special day! I could not let it pass without paying tribute to one of the most amazing creatures on the planet......my daughter!









With her BFF (who's 10th birthday is tomorrow) in Atlanta this summer!



At 4:23 this afternoon, she turns 10! Double digits, baby! She's grown up so fast and is so full of personality (which, of course she gets from her mother)! I remember the first time I held her (after the nurses got all the goo off of her) and I just stared in amazement at this tiny little human being that I created. OK, yes I had a little help on the creation front, but to be fair...I had to carry her around for 9 months during the hottest summer on record in Atlanta, GA so I get a little more cred than the Mr.




Showing off her "new" braces!


She was beautiful then and still is today! I grew up wanting nothing more than to be a Mommy, so that first moment holding her was magical. I was speechless, which is a rare occurrence. Realizing a life-long dream is breathtaking. I helped God create a miracle and I still and will always feel she is a miracle. She was my first Dream Come True (the second followed 4 years later).







Dude, Santa brought her a scooter.....cool!



Today she is a little spit-fire with an advanced (read: sarcastic) sense of humor and more personality than she knows what to do with! I can only imagine what her future holds, but whatever life brings her way she will always be my little baby girl!







A self-portrait




Happy Birthday to my "dream come true, my one and only YOU!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the great people in our lives. We love you Katie! Happy Birthday!

Uncle Steve, Aunt Leslie, and Will

House of Jules said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, K! I wrote something for you over at my place today too.

xoxo,
J.
House of Jules

Jen said...

Hey guys....just fixed the Dream Come True link. Check it out!

Spammon said...

If her face on that scooter doesn't scream excitement, then nothing does! Happy Birthday!