Monday, January 19, 2009

ONE

I didn't vote for Obama. Admitting that on a day like today (or tomorrow) is not safe nor is it easy. I am a fiscal conservative and prioritize my politics from economics, which is why I didn't vote for Obama. However, I am an American, and will support my President whether I voted for him or not.

But today, I am inspired and full of hope for our country, our future, our children.

I explained to my six-year-old son the importance of celebrating Martin Luther King's birthday (and it wasn't to get a day off of school) and how tomorrow's inauguration is one of the most significant moments in our nation's history. Speaking to him with child-like words, and answering his questions as simply as possible was so inspiring to me. I saw hope in his little blue eyes and it was beautiful!


After our moment, we tuned in to Oprah's pre-inaugural show. I was so inspired watching a performance of the new song, "America's Song" written by will.i.am & David Foster and sung by will.i.am, Faith Hill, Seal, Mary J. Blige & Bono.


Here is some video of will.i.am and Bono collaborating on the song.

The entire project came together in a week. I was in tears watching it on today's Oprah show. If you visit http://www.oprah.com/ you can download the song for free for the next 24 hours. I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

Spammon said...

Bono and Oprah...the two people who think more of themselves than anyone else in the world...

Ok, I'll stop the rant and go check out the song.

Jen said...

@Spam: what did you think of the song?