Friday, June 13, 2008

Dad's Day

Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that Sunday is Father's Day. I guess we're supposed to honor the men (who's sperm got lucky enough to find it's way to the egg) who worked and sacrificed to raise us.


Blech!


Can you tell I'm not very close to my sperm donor? Asshole and I haven't spoken in a really, really long time. Not that I have any pent-up anger about it or anything.


One of the last phone conversations we had was when I called him to tell him my brother's wife was in labor and delivery and very close to having their first child. I was excited to be an Auntie, but especially excited because she went into labor on my birthday. My nephew and I were going to be birthday buds, but only if she hurried up and squeezed him out before midnight. So, I did what any girl who's been constantly ignored by her father, but found an excuse to call in hopes he'd have some kind of recollection of my wonderfulness does.....call Daddy.
STUPID.


I was telling him my theory on having a birthday bud and he says to me, "what are you talking about?"


Me: "Uh, Dad....today is my birthday, too."


Him: "Oh."


That's it....no Happy Birthday, dear, wonderful daughter 'o mine.


So, to honor the Asshole that is my father, I present his Dad's Day Card for the world to read:

5 comments:

House of Jules said...

That says it all, babydoll. Frankly, I'm still offended from when I was visiting and he actually asked why I was wearing white tights, and I said, "They're not tights, I'm just pale". Love you!

Jen said...

Honey, if that's all he did to offend you...you're lucky (mazeltov....is that how you spell it??)!! ;)

Taj said...

Whoa...holy bad fathers batman! Can I just say I am all fuzzy inside to read someone else with my exact sentiment.

But it goes to prove something. Apparently having an asshole Father makes little girls grow up to be fierce. ;)

Jen said...

Fierce and Fiesty, Taj....never forget feisty!

Anonymous said...

I believe your brother is finally realizing what type a person he is! He tries to do a nice thing for him for Father's Day and your sperm donor blows him off. We'll talk about it later! Love you!