Sunday, June 15, 2008

It's 5:00 somewhere, says the little boy....

I think I'm becoming more cynical as I age. Of course, maybe I'm just PMS-ing and in a shitty mood. Yeah, that's probably it!

My kids got home today after being gone for a week with the in-laws. They had a great time playing on Galveston Beach, meeting new friends and living in an RV (which for my 6 year old son is about as cool as you can possibly get) but at dinner tonight my son looks at Hubby's drink and says, "Is that a beer?"

Hubby: (ever the honest one) "No, it's a Jack & Coke."

Son: "Oh, well 'cause Grandaddy said that at 5:00 it's beer time, so I figured since we were having dinner it was after 5 and you should be drinking a beer. What's Jack & Coke?"

Hubby: "Well, it's like a beer, but it's not."

WHAT????

First of all, my 6 year old thinks that 5:00pm is beer time (which is fine if you're my age, but at 6 it seems a little disturbing).

Secondly, why the hell does Hubby need to drink a Jack & Coke at dinner? He hasn't been around the kids in almost two weeks, as he was gone before they left for the beach and we have them back for a few hours and he's ordering hard liquor for dinner? They're not that bad....

Thirdly, my 6 year old knows the term, "Jack & Coke" now.

I wonder if his 529 College Savings Plan will work at The Betty Ford Center?

Oh yeah, Happy Father's Day......

4 comments:

Jeff Frese said...

The Betty Ford Center should accept your 529. It is "High"er education after all ;o)

I started a company that lets anybody in your circle of friends and family gift directly into your child's 529 plan. So instead of another Barbie Doll or shirt from the Gap people can gift into your child's plan. It's a simple site and concept that helps people save for college and give meaningful gifts. The site is www.freshmanfund.com

I also write a blog on saving for college the site is www.giftingforcollege.com

House of Jules said...

Well, Jeff Frese sure took your post and RAN with it, didn't he? YOUR FIRST BLOG COMMENT SPAM, I'M SO FARKLEMPT!

Anyway, Jeff Frese doesn't know you too well, otherwise he would have realized that your kids get gift cards to Trader Joe's for that 2 buck chuck.

Hang in there, girl.
Jules
House of Jules

Jeff Frese said...

It was thoughtful spam.

Jen said...

...but at least you admit, it was indeed, spam!